All Out Edit: Spawning Success!

jourdy288

Sorry, can't help spammin, it's the OCD! Hey there
Reaction score
The female has been in the tank with the male for three days. She is free swimming, and checks out the nest every so often, only to be chased away. Anything else I should do? Edit:the male abandoned the nest! HELP :crazy: :shout:
He goes to it occasionaly but does no blowing, egg tending etc. The eggs are all on the bottom. Can somebody help?!!?? What do I do? I want to bring back the female, in hopes that she wil care for the eggs. Or what else? Please.
Edit: They spawned yesterday, but the eggs hatched today!
Edit:I am now successful, with a tankful of fry, a happy betta dad, and snails.

Did you condition them?
Does the female have breeding bars?
Were they both showing interest before you released her?
Are you sure they didn't just spawn already and you didn't see them?

YES!!! I have EGGS!!! On Sunday(the 3rd day) they spawned! The male is tending the eggs now! When will teh hatch? the temp is about 80 F, or 30 C.

You should be fine. Just remove him. I actually have had to remove a male immediately after spawning because he'd eat all the eggs. And I had fry survive just fine. :good:

THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU!THANKYOU! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :blush: :rolleyes: :unsure: :drool: :fun: :lol: :nod: :D 8) B) ;) :)

I don't think I went to 2 inches. I think it was more like 5 or 6. But definitely remove the male.

Most reactions

Back