All in one test kit

Lynz781

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an all in a oner test kit. Probably going to buy online. Can anyone reccomend one for a good price?

I personally like the Tetra liquid test kit because the colors are are easy to distinquish vs some others. Hagen has a good one but some of the colors are hard to tell. One of the better cheaper ones too are Aquarium Pharmacuticals. There all usually come with readings for Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and ph. Sometimes they also come with GH and KH.

One I find quick and easy is "esha" quick test kits.

They have a dip strip that tests for the following:

NO3 nitrate
NO2 nitrite
GH general hardness
KH Carbonated hardness
PH acidity/alkalinity

The last one I bought cost £10.00

It has quite a few strips in to use. These can be doubled by cutting the strips lengthways with clean sissors. This is a little money saver which I use. ;)

Tetra test strips, but they are not as accurate as liquid ones.

Thanks guys will probably go for the Hagen test kit, piricey but ma fish are worth it. :D

Went for the tetra test strips.
Anyway thanks.

Lynz781 said:
Thanks guys will probably go for the Hagen test kit, piricey but ma fish are worth it

Went for the tetra test strips.
Anyway thanks.
guess your fish werent worth it :p JK

Hope the strips work for you

They are, i found it hard to find stuff online

LOL I've got the Tetra test strips, they are crap :) It told me my nitrate was fine, took a sample to the shop, they said the normal was yellow. Mine was red :D

I don't rate them test strips by tetra either, but if a person hasn't got enough money to buy all the liquid tests in one go, it's better than nothing.

I use Jungle Quick Dip. They sell them at Dr. Foster and Smith. They test Nitrate, Nitrite, Hardness, Alkalinity, and pH. You get 100 in the bottle...and good idea about cutting them in half fishman...idk why I didn't think of that! I'm gonna start doing that from now on :thumbs:

I use the hagen master kit.
NH3, NO2, NO3. pH (high & low), PO4, Ca, Fe (free & chelated), KH, GH.

Pretty comprehensive although it can be difficult at times to distinguish the colours, it's best in daylight by a window and you get used to it.

The thing that sold it for me though was the large rigid case that it came in - looks good!

can you tell me a good website that sells this stuff? im sick of looking

Most reactions

Back