algea on the lights

brianriv

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I never really paid much attention to the glass that protects the lights but i just noticed a huge amoun of green algea growth on them both. It looks big enough to be a plant. I am going to clean them but I was wondering is this normal or is something wrong. Either way what is the cause? Thankyou

Mine has algae on it but it's only on the area right in front of where the filter is. I hope it's normal. :lol:

It's normal. It's a hassle cleaning it up, especially if it falls into the tank and piollutes it. Removing it will increase the amount of light plants get, so it's best to remove it.

All algae needs is light, water, and nutrients. All of that is available when the water either splashes or condenses on the cover beneath the lights. No worries. ;)

thanks for the info. I cleaned it off today. Good thing I did cuz it was huge. It probably would've fallen into the tank soon.

I got rid of that piece of glass on my tank. It was filthy, I figured it was just blocking the light and not serving any real purpose anyway.

Most reactions

Back