Algae???

Splatter24

Reaction score
Is it weird to not have any algae in my tank at all???:/ I'm worried that my bristlenose will not have enough to eat. Should I feed him some cucumber or something. And if I should, can someone explain exactly how small the cucumber needs to be, how much to feed, etc... Thanks a bunch :)

Get him some Hikari sinking wafers for catfish. There are other brands but these are the most popular with all of my fish (including the ones who are supposed to be carnivores!)

have you got alot of lighting on? my algae grow pretty fast as i have the light on for atleast 12 hours a day...

Yeah I have the lights on also for about 12 hours a day. I was just wondering if it was weird that there was no algae.

how old is your tank...if it is brand new u wont have algea yet and if the bristlenose is eating hopefully you wont see it but it is there...

Yeah, it takes awhile before you get any algae... but those hikari algar wafers work just fine for me :)

Alien Anna said:
Get him some Hikari sinking wafers for catfish. There are other brands but these are the most popular with all of my fish (including the ones who are supposed to be carnivores!)
Once it's softened up - pretty much all the fish in my tank dive in for this stuff!!

My clown loaches love it and it's full of protein :D

Most reactions

Back