Algae Troubles, Please Go To Last Few Posts.

Following on from the advice given I filled a 6 gallon bin with water and let it sit for a couple of days.
I removed all the medium sized pebbles, the larger rocks, the red feature rock and the bogwood and scrubbed them all gave the plants alight rub with the algae sponge as well.
Had a good scrub round the tank then removed around 9 gallons and replaced with the water that had been stood, obviously had to make up the extra with 'fresh water', I'll be getting another 6 gallon bin soon.
Went to the fish shop and bought 4 Siamese Flying Foxes and 4 'fast growing stem plants' I don't have the names unfortunately....
Will post pics later tonight.
Looks a lot better :)

Lets hope it works. One thing, I'm fairly sure SFF's get quite big, so you might need to re-home some in the future in your size tank.

Sam

Lets hope it works. One thing, I'm fairly sure SFF's get quite big, so you might need to re-home some in the future in your size tank.

Sam

Yeah they get to between 11 and 15 cms from what I've read.... hopefully I'll have upgraded from 150 litre to 300 by then :)

pic,

DSCF3080.jpg

Depends on which plant it is? Most stem plants yes, but rosette plants like swords, no. If you know the name or can take a pic of the plant in question could probably tell you.

Sam

Yeh easy to propagate, just replant anything you prune off and it'll more than likely grow :)

Sam

Most reactions

Back