Algae eater for 20 gallon long rio nanay aquarium.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

derekw

Reaction score
What would be a good algae eater to clean the mold off of my driftwood? I would add otocinclus but Id like to keep this a biotope aquarium. Also no shrimp. Is my olny option bistlenose? Any comments on the tank are welcome :) I have 11 neons and one male apistogramma bitaniata currently.

Attachments

• 23rd.jpg
    23rd.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 44
Biofilm on newly added driftwood is perfectly normal and will disappear by itself overtime. In the mean time it will wipe of easily with a clean toothbrush before a partial water change. Otherwise a Nerite snail would probably love the biofilm.

your tank looks great, by the way 👍

Ok thanks for the advice, I was to my LFS today and they said it would last a month or so. Thanks for the compliment on the tank.

I agree, nice aquascape. My only suggestion is to have some floating plants. Finding "authentic" floaters may be difficult, but the shade would be good for the fish.

The "algae" issue may be resolved, but should you have a similar enquiry in the future, Planet Catfish has a database that can be searched by location such as the river. This is a "free" site, so well worth knowing. This is the link to the species in the Rio Nanay, though some are not well known with respect to data such as the diet.

Most reactions

Back