Algae And Polyps

sparkycoms

Reaction score
hi to all...
ive had my tank now for 8 months and have seen some changes in the algae its gone from a red skim to none to green grass like all over, having to pluck it out what am i doing wrong for this to hapen.
pluss ive got lots of Polyps are they harmful to my live stock.
any feed back would be greatfull thanks....

pics of the polyps would help us here to id them mate...the grass type algae is most probably hair algae, though again a pic would help here...
A set of water test results will help here as well, ie high nitrates and phosphates will feed this algae

hi to all...
ive had my tank now for 8 months and have seen some changes in the algae its gone from a red skim to none to green grass like all over, having to pluck it out what am i doing wrong for this to hapen.
pluss ive got lots of Polyps are they harmful to my live stock.
any feed back would be greatfull thanks....
my nitrate = between 10 & 20 which is ok
phosphate = 2.5 slightly high
nitrite = 0.1
all other reading show ok
thanks for your replies

Attachments

• 100_2099.JPG
    100_2099.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 70
Those are stunners of mature aiptasia ..these will sting anything they come into contact with, eventually killing it..They are invasive and dominant taking entire tanks over if allowed.....zap these adults with aiptasia x and adding a couple of peppermint shrimp to your tank will control any young that re appear..
Would carry out several water changes to lower those stats over the next few weeks and add a good quality phosphate remover to the system to control the po4 readings..
The raised nitrite and phosphate can be caused by slight over feeding or not enough regular water changes being carried out.

Hope this helps with your questions sparkycoms...

Those are stunners of mature aiptasia ..these will sting anything they come into contact with, eventually killing it..They are invasive and dominant taking entire tanks over if allowed.....zap these adults with aiptasia x and adding a couple of peppermint shrimp to your tank will control any young that re appear..
Would carry out several water changes to lower those stats over the next few weeks and add a good quality phosphate remover to the system to control the po4 readings..
The raised nitrite and phosphate can be caused by slight over feeding or not enough regular water changes being carried out.

Hope this helps with your questions sparkycoms...
thanks again for your time and help will do asap cheers

Most reactions

Back