Albino Bristle Nose

Clairel

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I am getting 2 new tanks tmrw, and they are giving me some free fish, which includes a Bristlenose plec albino, do they need any special requirements food wise? Blood worms, flakes, algae tablets, veg etc???

C x :*

I have a female albino bristlenose and she'll eat any of the foods you've mentioned. Also, make sure there is some wood in the tank; I'm not sure if bristlenoses eat the actual wood, or merely graze on the alage that grows there, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Food wise all soudns great :)

They don't graze on the wood but they love to hide under it. Make sure they have a nice hide big enough for them, remember they're nocturnal so they'll be spending most of their time out of the lights way.

Yes she is giving me a nice piece of bogwood, the the bristlenose loves, and a rock with lots of holes in that he sleeps in....

I am getting my 2 tanks tonight.... Cant wait :D

C x

hi, i have 4 Bristlenose in varous tanks for a couple of years now. They do enjoy chewing on bogwood, i think it helps their digestive system. I feed mine cucumber, algae pellets and bloodworms. They are particularly partial to cucumber though

Just take care - they will devour plants ! :grr:

but are lovely fish indeed ! and will chomp on just about anything.

Mine don't eat the plants nor sit on the bogwood much. They seem to prefer the slate. They do munch on any algea but I also feed them plec food twice daily so may be why they don't devour the plants. Since they live in my heavily planted tank with gourami and their fry there is plenty of varied foods to choose from.
Hugs,
P.

I didnt get the Albino Plec after all :-(

The lady who i bought the tanks off, had 4 all together, 2 she was keeping, 1 she said i could have, but when her husband took the fish to a friends to look after till there new tank cycles, he accidently took mine aswell :-( He was a beauty too....Oh well....

C x

i have 24 BN's 2 normals and 20 albino there lovel sorry you didnt get yours :( theres always some around quite cheaply :D

have fun setting your new tanks up :)

Most reactions

Back