Air Pump

fozzy81

Reaction score
Can any one recommend me a decent air pump that quiet one i have is louder than a steam train :)

I don't use an air pump but I've heard Rena make really quiet ones...

I have a Sera one for my sponge filters & it's very quiet

Tetra pumps are silent, but the air stone makes a noise :good:

The only way I have found to get a truly silent air pump is to buy a Rena rated for more than I really need and then turn down the air flow using the built in adjustment knob. At full capacity, the Rena is almost as loud as many other air pumps but when you reduce its capacity it gets dead quiet. I have several that I run on my various tanks. All are running at less than full capacity. One of the noisiest I have ever owned is the "Whisper" air pump. That is the one with the space age arched shape to the casing. It makes mount Vesuvius sound silent IMO.

One of the noisiest I have ever owned is the "Whisper" air pump. That is the one with the space age arched shape to the casing. It makes mount Vesuvius sound silent IMO.

I wonder if the one you got was broken as mine is silent, but I do hear the bubbles that come from it in the water. Without the bubbles though the pump is silent.

Most definately DO NOT BUY a LAYAL SK-9102
( 3w, 0.012Mpa, 2 Litres per minute )
it's like a jackhammer!

I only use it with a gravel vac as it's too noisey for regular airation duties.
-----------------

Peak Aquatics AP-1002 is also a bit of a powestation, but then again it does have 2 outlets and is adjustable hi/lo.
Too noisey for my bedroom that's for sure.
-----------------

Interpet Aqua Air MINI is pretty quiet, it's 2.5w but doesn't push much air. I have it in my bedroom.

-----------------

I bought 2 at once on line MOF. Both are noisy as can be but move a lot of air when they are new.

If your putting it in a cabinet I have a tetra one which is fine. You can hear it if you turn everything else off but it's very quiet.

DON'T get an Aqua One air pump. I have one and it's not quiet at all. It's not loud, but it definitely makes sound.

Most reactions

Back