Aiptasia... How To Get Rid Off?

1entra

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi there whats the best way to get rid of aiptasia manually? I know peppermint shrimps are supposed to eat it but what else could I do that is full proof? As i have just noticed one on the end of a polyp colony and know they can attack corals...

would This product work? what about this one? Which would would you recommend that wont hurt/kill my polyp colony?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Joes Juice has always worked well as a spot-chemical treatment as far as I know.

Thanks for the help everybody. ;)

By the way would joe's juice have any effect on on polyps or other corals if it was accidently spilt onto them or landed on them? Or is it only deadly on the aiptasia?

i just use vinegar on mine. they arent really ever next to anything...not yet anyways. vinegar kills them instantly. not sure if this is the best method, but it's how i do it...

Joe's juice is fine as long as you can see all the Aiptasia. If you can't see all of them then you will have a recurring problem. Also, Joe's Juice costs a fortune in larger tanks.

Vinegar is very similar to Joe's Juice except that Joe's Juice will not affect the pH of the tank like vinegar could in a smaller tank.

well i dont spray the vinegar IN my tank. i take the rock out for like 30 seconds and kill the aiptasia real fast and put it back in. or you could also put it in a separate container perhaps when your doing a water change (using your old dirty water?)

Most reactions

Back