ahhhhh sick Zebra Danio

oh really...weelll lol thats very interesting, i did about a 10 % water change (just took a bucket out of the top, no gravel siphon) yesterday, should i do a gravel siphon today and leave the bucket out to see if i do have any fry or do you think its too late for that?

Yeah. It's worth a shot. There might not be as many or any if you did a thorough vac job, but it's worth a try.

Just keep observing your females to know when they've bred so you know when it is the best time to keep the water out.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

edit: I just did a small siphoning and i found 5 fry :) Wowwie this is exciting hehe. Now that i found them what do i do with them?

They need to be in a tank on their own, failing that keep in the bucket.
you will need a small sponge filter and a 50w heater, raise the temperature to 82f and for the first week feed infusoria (liquedfry no1)
then after the 1 week feed crushed flakes.
Good luck and keep us posted :)

Or instead of the crushed flakes, it might be better to feed them frozne (thawed) baby brine shrimp or culture your own. You could also get liquid fry food if you can't culture the infusoria fast enough.

Try getting a five-ten gallon tank for the fry, with a sponge filter and aeration. Wolf is right-on. :nod:

The-Wolf said:
They need to be in a tank on their own, failing that keep in the bucket.
you will need a small sponge filter and a 50w heater, raise the temperature to 82f and for the first week feed infusoria (liquedfry no1)
then after the 1 week feed crushed flakes.
Good luck and keep us posted :)
alright :) sounds like a plan...i'll see if i can borrow the 5g from my mom for now. She wants to put it in her office but i'll see if i can put the babies in it. Should i put them in some kind of fry net thinger or something?

edit: the 5er has an elite stingray 5 filter...i bought the tank (starter kit) at petland...if that helps...i don't know if the filter has a sponge or not, maybe you guys will know?

If they are the only ones in the tank, no.

The net breeder is to separate the fry from the other fish (normally used for livebearers).

oh ok, like i said i do have a 5 gallon with an elite 5 stingray (if my mom will let me use it is the other thing)

EDIT: if i can't use the 5 gallon, could i just use a fry net then? I"m pretty sure my mom won't go for me using it...

Most reactions

Back