ahhhh...Is there such thing as too many fish?

AlexsDaddy said:
The only thing you'll have to watch out for with the shrimp is them dissapearing into the bettas mouths. Pigmy corries are cute little thing though. I had 4 in my female community.
that's why i mentioned that they are cheap hehe ...given enough hidden spots though, the shrimp should make it for a quite a while....then again, they may only last a few seconds too...but that will be a lesson learned! you could also get African Dwarf Frogs...i just bought 2 and added them to my 10 gallon and they are fascinating!

I don't like shrimp in my betta tanks. The bettas do have a tendency to kill them after a while, and they don't tolerate ammonia well at all...so if you aren't religious in changing water..they will crawl up somewhere and die...which ruins your water quality if you don't find them soon enough. They are messy too..they put out alot of waste imo. Plus you have to make sure you keep Iodine in teh water..or when they molt their shell won't harden and it will turn all mushy and white and then they'll go hide and die.

You said the mother to the cellophane was a crownie..what was the dad, a halfmoon or delta? That's what it looks like to me..somewhat like the crown-moons Yeevie has been after.

Not trying to be rude, but that doesn't even come close to looking like a rosetail betta...that is a very distinct pattern you don't see often.

SireBT220105B.jpg

fwbettasd1118880713.jpg

fwbettasd1119280197.jpg

See how the rays overlap each other..making the fin look scalloped, like the edge of a rose petal. :thumbs:

Beautiful fish regardless. (and the only way to know if you have too many fish..or just animals in general..is if you start no being able to take care of them properly. If everyone is healthy, fat, and sassy...then I'd say you are doing ok with the crew you have.

Personally....I have 12 bettas, 2 dobermans, 7 cats, and a 8 yr old. lol :S

i have never seen a tail like it, i asked this before, if i breed the little guy will some of the babies have the same tail or is this a freak thing?

SRC said:
I don't like shrimp in my betta tanks. The bettas do have a tendency to kill them after a while, and they don't tolerate ammonia well at all...so if you aren't religious in changing water..they will crawl up somewhere and die...which ruins your water quality if you don't find them soon enough. They are messy too..they put out alot of waste imo. Plus you have to make sure you keep Iodine in teh water..or when they molt their shell won't harden and it will turn all mushy and white and then they'll go hide and die.

You said the mother to the cellophane was a crownie..what was the dad, a halfmoon or delta? That's what it looks like to me..somewhat like the crown-moons Yeevie has been after.

Not trying to be rude, but that doesn't even come close to looking like a rosetail betta...that is a very distinct pattern you don't see often.

SireBT220105B.jpg

fwbettasd1118880713.jpg

fwbettasd1119280197.jpg

See how the rays overlap each other..making the fin look scalloped, like the edge of a rose petal. :thumbs:

Beautiful fish regardless. (and the only way to know if you have too many fish..or just animals in general..is if you start no being able to take care of them properly. If everyone is healthy, fat, and sassy...then I'd say you are doing ok with the crew you have.

Personally....I have 12 bettas, 2 dobermans, 7 cats, and a 8 yr old. lol :S
SRC, you have two Dobermans? :)

We have one Doberman.

I LOVE them! :wub:

You might or might not come up with tails like that. If you bred to a crownie girl..you probably would have a better chance, but you could come up with none at all and them all be Delta's or HalfMoons. That is the tail that happens most often after you cross a Crowntail with a HalfMoon..Yeevie likes those..he calls them Crown-moons. :nod:

Allie: I loooooove Dobies..yes I have 2. I did have 3 until last November and I had to have one of my girls PTS due to stomach/intestinal cancer.

Here's a link to pictures of them :D

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=74102&hl=rusty

Those are beautiful fish feralcelt2! Nice anniversary present!! :D

SRC --> Your dogs & kitties are adorable!!!!! Makes me want to get a puppie!! (but with an 8 yr old, a 5 yr old, a hubby, 2 cats & 1 fish ... I think my hands are full) :whistle: Well, except for more fish of course!!! :p

I got my fishies today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got the two males i posted pics of plus he added:

a royal blue female from the same spawn
a turqouise female from the same spawm

a double tail red male
a single tail red male
a double tail red female
a single tail red female

they are all healthy, a bit stressed though, but seem happy!!!!!
i will post pics when their color has returned, they are all very stressed from the cross country trip!

theres only such thing as too many fish if you do not have enough space/time to care for them.

i am looking foward to getting the females into the ten gallon tank, do they do well with biospira in anyones opinion, the tank has been cycling with some rasboras, but i do not want the bettas to be a part of the cycle and i was hoping adding some biospira would help them out any opinions?

SRC said:
You might or might not come up with tails like that. If you bred to a crownie girl..you probably would have a better chance, but you could come up with none at all and them all be Delta's or HalfMoons. That is the tail that happens most often after you cross a Crowntail with a HalfMoon..Yeevie likes those..he calls them Crown-moons. :nod:

Allie: I loooooove Dobies..yes I have 2. I did have 3 until last November and I had to have one of my girls PTS due to stomach/intestinal cancer.

Here's a link to pictures of them :D

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=74102&hl=rusty
oh my gosh, thanks for sharing the pictures....I just love Dobermans! We used to have a red Doberman "Gabe" who lived to be almost 13 years. He was the sweetest . Now we have 7 year old "Max" a black Doberman who has also stolen my heart. He is my best friend.

I don't know how to post pictures (yet) but hopefully someday I can post pics of my betta " Rascal" and my Doberman "Max" :)

you have beautiful pets. :)

Too many pets? Eh... I've got a 55 gallon tropical tank, a fry tank with 40 fry, 7 female bettas, 10 male bettas, a red ear slider, a male box turtle, a female box turtle, 2 dogs, 2 cats and I'm going to start breeding my bettas in August, and I'm sure I'll want to keep some of the fry. I've also been really wanting a ferret. I figure as long as I can love them, care for them and keep them happy...there's no such thing as too many! :)

Most reactions

Back