~~~ahhh....i've Got It~~~noone Can Stop Me!

kj23502

lazy dayz
Reaction score
FISH FEVER!!!!!! [/

haha,,,that happen to any of you too?

On a more serious note...has anyone kept Labidochromis flavigulis Likoma? They aren't even on cichlid forum!

I found a wild caught breeding trio for $75 usd. Just wanted to know some more species specific info, as I'm curious.

my dear, you have been infected with what we in the hobby call....MTS
theres no cure for Multi Tank Syndrom, :hyper:

as for flavigulis, www.davesfish.com has a breeding trio for $75.00, OH DUHH thats probably where you saw them huh? :lol: they must be pretty rare.
give him an email, he's really helpful and generous with information, even if your not buying from him!

Labidochromis%20flavigulis.jpg

nice looking fish, reminds me of a Jewel cichlid.

my dear, you have been infected with what we in the hobby call....MTS
theres no cure for Multi Tank Syndrom, :hyper:

as for flavigulis, www.davesfish.com has a breeding trio for $75.00, OH DUHH thats probably where you saw them huh? :lol: they must be pretty rare.
give him an email, he's really helpful and generous with information, even if your not buying from him!
nice looking fish, reminds me of a Jewel cichlid.
yea...isn't he pretty....i emailed him....my tank is super close to being cycled for it's current stock! I posted test result pics in my journal. I wonder if both are colorful or if it's just the male or what.

Yes, im also as obsessed as ever !! Im not quite at MTS level yet, but it wont be long lol.

Haha very nice fish. I could go for a trio of those.. my guess would be the male or dominant one will show the colors.. i know thats how its been on my afro cytop

They are not on my Ad Konings CD either but he has come accross them - check the copyright on the pic in this link :lol:

http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/species.php?s=444

Never kept them although i have seen them in my LFS once - pretty rare/unusual fish by all accounts. Be careful that they are not actually Melanochromis joanjohnsonae though - very similar in appearance and M.joanjohnsonae are very common and therefore cheap to buy.

They are not on my Ad Konings CD either but he has come accross them - check the copyright on the pic in this link :lol:

[URL="http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/species.php?s=444"]http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/species.php?s=444[/URL]

Never kept them although i have seen them in my LFS once - pretty rare/unusual fish by all accounts. Be careful that they are not actually Melanochromis joanjohnsonae though - very similar in appearance and M.joanjohnsonae are very common and therefore cheap to buy.
thanks...yea, i came across that pic during my google search. It has no info about it tho. Any idea at all if it'd be a herbivore, omnivore, carnivore....how generally aggressive they are or anything.....

I'll check into the melanochromis and compare pics and stuff. If my tank settles(ammonia's at 0 and nitrite is like .05 if any..LOL) good and stays well...I may ask him to send me some pics and do some more comparison...I could post them on here too!

Scratch that...they're gone already!!! Oh well....It'd be awesome if I could get ahold of some rare ones and breed them! Contribute to the population! Maybe someday.

did you ask Dave to hold some for you when he gets more in? or special order some for you?

Most reactions

Back