Agressive But Y

liamt2k6

Reaction score
hello ok i have a male red empress and 2 Aulonocara firefish

for some reason my red empress keeps chasing and nipping my female Aulonocara firefish.

is this normal.?

He probably wants to spawn with them but is not gettin the correct response. If females are around him when he's feelin frisky and they don't want to spawn, they are a waste of his time so he will chase them off to get rid of them. You'd be best adding one or two female red empress to calm him down.

its a 55 g

and im not trying to breed them its just my empress [male] keeps chasing my female firesfish.

anyways it seems to have settled down as i added more rocks for split territories.

and thanks for the replys.

Hi,

I'm sorry but having only 3 africans in a tank shows that you haven't done much research on them?

Africans should always be kept in a larger group. (6 or more) In smaller groups aggression will be an ongoing thing and deaths occurring from the aggressor can be a real possibility.

sorry if i may sound rude,
but yes i do know that, i have talked to the breeder in my area [2 doors away :shifty:]

and he is going to give me some empress's and firefish.

also i seen his tank had 30 africans in the one tank :good:

sorry if i may sound rude,
but yes i do know that, i have talked to the breeder in my area [2 doors away :shifty:]

and he is going to give me some empress's and firefish.

also i seen his tank had 30 africans in the one tank :good:

youre going to run into problems having alot of one or two species, there will always be competition between the males and sometimes even females. itll work out much better if you get a variety of species that look different.

Most reactions

Back