Aging water

SLuRpIe!

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 1, 2, 5, 10 gallon tanks for 4 of my bettas and some community fish, the water is really easy to manage to age [distill?] through used 1 gallon bottles from empty milk, water bottles

but recently i gained a 25 g tank and receiving a bigger tank, i think around 50-75 gallons and im only able to distill a max of 20 gallons through empty bottles and such every week and this way of making my water supply is timeconsuming, tiring and very hard to keep up with the date each gallon is ready to be used and ive also seen that more than 1 week aged water makes my bettas happier

i know many of you have many tanks big and small
how do you manage to attain such great water needs ? :S :look: :crazy: :eek: :unsure: :blink:

and tips please if you still rely in distilling water

I'm the same. I just don't have enough room or patience to age water, so dechlorinator it is :p

You could buy a gigantic rubbermaid container.
They come in a variety of sizes. You could get one around 50g for pretty cheap

Tap & dechlor here too. Some of the breeders in the club I'm in breed more difficult fish, such as discus. They use 35 gallon rubbermaid garbage cans to collect water from r.o. units. Either drop a heater in the can, or keep the can in their heated fishroom. Yes, seperate heat system for the fishroom. Some of these guys are retired & have the time to do this. I'll just stick to my dual garden hose system for now.

Tolak

lol thanks ill switch to dechlor then
do you all use stress coat ?
i have seaschem prime but i havent used it yet
is that a trusted brand ?

Just thought at work we have a big water butt to age the water but that was used before I started there, just use the hose now, I think it made the job take too long.

Whenever I do a water change, I just dechlorinate enough water to do my next change and and let it sit until I need it.

Most reactions

Back