Aggressive Male Krib

boyuboy

Reaction score
I have two breeding kribs and for the past few days the male has been so aggressive ( not fighting just chasing other fish away) and he tends to go lighter in colour when he does this. He also keeps chasing the female into the cave that i have made, she cn barely eat before being chased back. they are both healthy and surprisingly her fins are in good condition. pls help is ther any explanation for this male aggression?

i swear there are krib newbies on here every day...not gonna lie, i was once one. just leave them they are acting normal, give them about a week and ull be ready to rock for babies

see it says ur fish crazy but for me it says noobie. hint hint...lol
ty for the help.

If he is chasing just now wait till you have fry swimming with him and mummy lol

My old Krib pair absolutely terrorised the entire tank until i got rid of them, Plecs shredded, Gourami's terrified, Tetras crammed in one corner of the tank.....

Lovely fish but a royal pain in the arse!

I have noticed, that every time I log on, there is either a krib newbie, or a krib question( gotta love the kribs). It is normal breeding behaviour.

hes calmed down now and she has kinda got the message to stay in the cave.
so thanks guys/gals

rofl, now the male is shaking all over her.
shes glowing red now. :blush:

thats the mating call, let them be do a water change and feeed them some blood worms or high protien foods, you wont wanna be fiddling around changing water once there are eggs and fry
try not to pay them too much attention when they lay eggs cause they will eat them if threatoned
and dont expect them to succeed the first time...they gotta practice

i have been feeding em a high bloodworm diet since ive seen this.
all she does is eat and retreat.
ty for all ur advice

when should i expect some action?
just really anxious.

Most reactions

Back