African Dwarf Frogs..

KimmyFishy89

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I really like those African dwarf frogs. I wana add a few to my ten or thirty gallon tank. Are there any special requirments for them? Any thing important I should know? All help appreciated

hmmm, there shouldnt be big fish, and if theres an internal power filter, i have to put it down, because the frog can get sucked into it, and another ting, their limbs can get sucked to, so watchout for it,!

good luck

i dont thiink theres many other requirements, coret me if im wrong

aw drat, guess I am out. I have an angelfish that is getting big and external filters.

Oh well, thanks anyway ^^

i have one in my 7~8 gal tank, he seems happy enough, but does spend a lot of time hiding. i have lost a few neon tetras since he went in there, some i am sure were attacked by a poorly platty who couldnt see, others i am not sure.. i doubt it was the frog, he's not the quickest mover.
no idea what he eats, but i try to get some bloodworms down near whereever he is hiding and he has been seen to nibble on them

Mine eats flake that gets past the guppies and he loves guppy fry. I never see him eat, just see his fat tummy. Mine is a bit more active after a couple months in the tank, but mostly just sprawls on the bottom. I have heard that these frogs will eat any fish that they can fit in their mouths.

I 'VE HAD MINE ABOUT 5 MONTHS NOW . ALSO HAVE INTERNAL POW FILTER WITH NO FROG EATING TENDACIES. HE TOOK 1 MONTH 2 GET HIS BEARINGS I GUESS (PLAYING WHERE'S THE FROG) BUT NOW HE IS VERY ACTIVE.HAVE'NT SEEN HIM ATTACKING ANY FISH. HE JIS DOES HIS OWN THING POPIN UP 2 THE SURFACE EVERY SO OFTEN 4 AIR. HE LOVES BLOODWORM BUT IS LUCKY 2 GET ANY BECAUSE THE FISH GO FRENZIED WHEN ITS PLOPPED IN. ITS GOOD WATCHING HIM EAT IT ,GREEDY WEE BUGGER GORGES HIMSELF FORCING MORE AND MORE IN WITH HIS FRONT FEET "THINK ITS FEET .........OR IS IT HANDS........MMM). ANYWAY I THINK U SHOULD GO 4 IT . "WONDER IF HE'LL BE FISH FRIENDLY WHEN HE GROWS UP THOUGH"

I've got a dwarf frog in a 10 gallon with 3 corys. He (she?) loves bloodworms like big G's but sometimes it is a trick to keep the corys busy untill he finds them.

Tossing in an algae tab before I feed him tends to keep the corys occupied at one end of the tank, then I drop in the blood worms at the other end. He'll also nibble on the algae tab that I throw in there a couple of times a week, trying to chase off the corys. He doesn't get too far as he is so much smaller than them, but what an attitude!

There is an aquatic frog forum at www.aquamaniacs.net/ where I learned a few things about this 'lil guy. Got him kind of spur of the moment from the kid next door the day after I gave him a cae that was getting out of line with my platys. I think I got the better end of the deal.

Tolak

I dont think the angels will bug him too much they are actually pretty tuff critters Ive had them ever since I started and Lost 3 to a nasty salamander incident but other than that they do fine in a community tank...I wouldnt try them with other cichlids though! (dont mix them with other amphibs you can get at the lfs bad juju as we like to say!)

akhtar said:
:crazy: yeah, listen to sak, hey andy, does that mean i will eat a ghost shrimp?
i dont know - could be a risk
i was thinking of getting some shrimp myself can decide which tank to have each in though - doubt i would mix them 'just in case'

Most reactions

Back