African Cichlid Question

wadcpo2

Reaction score
I'm looking to find out the scientific name of two types of African Cichlids in order to find on this huge index list I found on the web. Checking for compatibility, tank set up, etc. One is completely orange in color the other has bumblebee stripes. Also, how do I tell male from female?

I'm looking to find out the scientific name of two types of African Cichlids in order to find on this huge index list I found on the web. Checking for compatibility, tank set up, etc. One is completely orange in color the other has bumblebee stripes. Also, how do I tell male from female?

That`s a bit like asking 'How long is a piece of string?' Can you find a picture of the fish you`re on about and post it so we have some idea of what you`re on about? :unsure:

It`s no good for any of us to guess as you could well end up with the wrong info ;)

Sorry I have not got back on this. Been away. Anyway, can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture just yet from my documents so I'll have to read up on that and hope to provide the pictures you need to answer my question soon.

Hi there. If you upload your pictures to Photobucket then use the img code to male the photo appear here. Hth.

It's not giving me the option to browse/upload my pictures from my documents. It only says to add URL. What does this mean????

Yep, that's them Hunter001. Thanks a bunch! Now I just need to find some females to put in with these two males. I just have to learn how to tell them apart or trust the folks at the tropical fish store to steer me in the right direction. Not looking at breeding them, just trying to lessen the potential aggression between the males. Fingers crossed and real excited. Such beautiful fish with fun personalities. What diggers they are too. Ha Ha!

keep a close eye on the Crabro's

Some turn out to be incredibly violent towards literally anything sharing a tank with them.

Most reactions

Back