Advise On Lighting Please

Because it is arcadia, you are mostly paying for the name, although some would suggest it is better quality.

I might be going for a 6tube unit of one of these, will prob go for this 24w combo.

Narva Blue
3000k Philips
Narva Blue
Figi Pink or Similiar
Narva Blue
Narva Blue

or

Narva Blue
3000k Philips
Narva Blue
Figi Pink or Similiar
3000k Phillips
Narva Blue

The 2 choices depending on how yellow it may look.

Here are some links to some cheap bulbs:

Narva Blue

http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs-Tubes/Coloured-T5-24W/T5-24W-BLUE

Philips 3000k

I wont be using the iquatics ones, Ill be purchasing the above and having a play with the colours. Hope this helps.

Because it is arcadia, you are mostly paying for the name, although some would suggest it is better quality.

I might be going for a 6tube unit of one of these, will prob go for this 24w combo.

Narva Blue
3000k Philips
Narva Blue
Figi Pink or Similiar
Narva Blue
Narva Blue

or

Narva Blue
3000k Philips
Narva Blue
Figi Pink or Similiar
3000k Phillips
Narva Blue

The 2 choices depending on how yellow it may look.

Here are some links to some cheap bulbs:

Narva Blue

Philips 3000k

I wont be using the iquatics ones, Ill be purchasing the above and having a play with the colours. Hope this helps.

Is there a reason for not using the iquatic ones James? are they poor quality?

Somebody has offered me a second hand arcadia same as the one i posted for £100. Would you get the iquatics unit or the arcadia? :huh:

I dont know to be honest, I have heard not but dont have any first hand experience of them of proof of that. I know a lot of people do use them with great success. There is a huge thread on another reefing forum I am on and the bulbs I ahve listed are hugely popular to use instead of ATI which are thought of to be some of the best.

I also like the idea that with the ones above I can mix and match the different bulbs with greater choice. Who knows, maybe I should give the iquatics ones ago b ut I will prob just go for my first combo above tbh.

Cheers

Somebody has offered me a second hand arcadia same as the one i posted for £100. Would you get the iquatics unit or the arcadia? :huh:

Is it just a 4 tube unit though? I thought you was looking at a 6 tube unit. Also with the new one you will have a guarantee and help from iquatics, something to think about.

Is it just a 4 tube unit though? I thought you was looking at a 6 tube unit. Also with the new one you will have a guarantee and help from iquatics, something to think about.

Yeah your right mate :) will hold on for the iquatics unit :D

Thanks for you input :good:

Yeah, you will probably be better off waiting. Did you say end of this month they will be in stock? Do you know if you can pre-order them?

Also, you aksed about the quality of the iquatics bulbs. I have been searching and the general thing is they arent that great. There some hobbyists that have tested them and they give off a low par reading compared to other bulbs. Please remember though, this is a hobbyist doing these tests, not someone in a lab enviroment carrying out proper tests so who knows.

I have decided what bulbs I am going to order from that site, they are:

2 GE 6500k
4 Narva Blues
1 Philips 8000k

I will also order an ATI purple plus and mix and match until I like the look I get.

When i spoke to iquatics they said if i sent them an email to [email protected] for the attention of andrew. That they would add me to a mailing list to be informed when they had stock to get a chance of one before they go on sale to general public.

I will probably order some tubes as well as the ones that come from iquatics and compare them side by side. If the iquatics look like junk i will chuck em. If they look ok i'll probably run half iquatics half the others.

Yeah, you will probably be better off waiting. Did you say end of this month they will be in stock? Do you know if you can pre-order them?

Also, you aksed about the quality of the iquatics bulbs. I have been searching and the general thing is they arent that great. There some hobbyists that have tested them and they give off a low par reading compared to other bulbs. Please remember though, this is a hobbyist doing these tests, not someone in a lab enviroment carrying out proper tests so who knows.

2 GE 6500k
4 Narva Blues
1 Philips 8000k

I will also order an ATI purple plus and mix and match until I like the look I get.

Just find the ones you like on the site mate and then where it says out of stock it should say enquire about item or something similar .. then when you email just ask when they will be back in stock and the guy (think Andrew was his name) he will ask if you want to be added to the mailing list for purchase before general sale :D

2 GE 6500k
4 Narva Blues
1 Philips 8000k

Just find the ones you like on the site mate and then where it says out of stock it should say enquire about item or something similar .. then when you email just ask when they will be back in stock and the guy (think Andrew was his name) he will ask if you want to be added to the mailing list for purchase before general sale :D

Hey, just to say I have bought my unit, just waiting for it to be delivered. I e-mailed them about it and after a few e-mails they rung me and bang mine is on order. I went for the 2ft 6 tube unit and at £139.99 with bulbs and free delivery it cant be bad. Looking forward to getting it and seeing what it can do. I have been told that they hope to get them out before the end of the month.

Also just to let you know, it is an extra £10 if you want the blue plus bulbs with it.

2 GE 6500k
4 Narva Blues
1 Philips 8000k

Hey, just to say I have bought my unit, just waiting for it to be delivered. I e-mailed them about it and after a few e-mails they rung me and bang mine is on order. I went for the 2ft 6 tube unit and at £139.99 with bulbs and free delivery it cant be bad. Looking forward to getting it and seeing what it can do. I have been told that they hope to get them out before the end of the month.

Also just to let you know, it is an extra £10 if you want the blue plus bulbs with it.

Well i emailed around a week before you and have not heard a thing :( great customer service!

He's saying he bought it even though there not out yet...... Sure you will get an email once they are released.

They have really good service, so as Uriel says, they are probs just waiting for them to come in - dont worry, I have never had a problem with them

Seffie x

did you ge the aquarays off ur?

Yea I have bought a unit but that was after I enquired, they then gave me the option to order on. Maybe drop them another email, they have been very good for me. Cant wait for it now.

They have really good service, so as Uriel says, they are probs just waiting for them to come in - dont worry, I have never had a problem with them

Seffie x

did you ge the aquarays off ur?

No :lol: they are dreaming if they think they are getting £140. I will wait for a bargain on ebay :D only want the LED's for my blue light. Was having a good talk with the owner of abyss in stockport and he showed me the blue aquarays on there coral tanks and i was blown away with the effect :drool:

Will wait until later in the month and see if iquatics get in touch :) my current corals seem to be happy enough under my 2 t5's at the moment so not in a huge hurry.

Most reactions

Back