Advice on Fluval Flex Aquarium

Joeyfin624

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Looking for some assistance. I'm looking to start up my first aquarium since I was a teenager which was quite a while ago. I've been doing a lot of research and I'm looking seriously into the Fluval Flex 32.5 gallon freshwater tank. Does anyone have any familiarity with this all in one system? I realize this is pretty much a tech tank with the LED lighting but also looks to be relatively easy to maintain which is an important factor for me. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I think it should be a good starter tank! 32.5 gallons is big, and perfect for a beginner like you who has kept fish way in the past. God luck with your new aquarium! ;)

One thing to bear in mind with this tank is that it is a cube, roughly 30cm/12 inches in each direction. This will severely limit your options for fish as even the tiniest need around 45 cm/18 inches swimming length. The only fish I can think of is a betta, just one, male or female.
If you could find a rectangular tank which appeals to you there would be a lot more fish choice, particularly one at least 60 cm/24 inches long.

Edit - please ignore this as I misread the tank volume as litres not gallons!!

Last edited:
One thing to bear in mind with this tank is that it is a cube, roughly 30cm/12 inches in each direction. This will severely limit your options for fish as even the tiniest need around 45 cm/18 inches swimming length. The only fish I can think of is a betta, just one, male or female.
If you could find a rectangular tank which appeals to you there would be a lot more fish choice, particularly one at least 60 cm/24 inches long.
The 32G is a regular shaped tank with these dimensions (LxWxH)
32.5 x 15.35 x 15.75"
(82 x 39 x 40 cm)

@Joeyfin624 I haven't seen the 32G. I have the 15G (which is one of the little cubes) and really like it. Maintenance is easy and quick, initial setup was easy and it looks good. Obviously it doesn't take away the need for regular wtaer changes, initial cycling and all those good things but my experience has been very positive.

Apologies: I read it as 32.5 litres not 32.5 gallons :blush:

I currently have a Flex 57. Same but smaller I believe. Good tank, exactly what you would expect to be honest.
BoningKinfe, can I ask a favor of you? Can you tell me the exact width measurement at the base of the fluval flex tank? I know the specs mention 15.75" but I am wondering if that measurement includes the bowed front or if it is taken at the base.
Reason I ask is I am nearing a decision. I like the Fluval Flex 32.5 gallon tank but I am not fond of the coordinating stand. I would prefer to go with the IM APS aluminum stand which is a hair over 15".

I'm not even sure if it would make any difference if the tank is a half inch wider than the stand.

Just checked, at the very base the width is more like 14". Ever so slightly over.

Most reactions

Back