Advice On Aquaone Heater Please!

anniekins

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,
I would like your advice on the heater the LFS sold me today. I bought my AquaMode 600 from the shop and the guy who served me, sold and remembered the tank well (only purchased about a week ago in fact). I asked for the heater for the set up and he put it in a bag and of course I just came home. When I looked at the heater it is an Aqua One 200W which it says is suitable for 50G / 200L tanks. My tank is only 65L, will this heater be okay or do I need to return it for 75W heater as it says on the box? Sorry to be a nuisance with so many questions before I even start setting the tank up! :blush:

No, it will be fine... the ONLY danger is that it fails in the ON position, and cooks the tank.... but this is so rare, I wouldnt worry about it.

Gosh, I'd tend to think a 100w would be safer (would be less quick cooking them) in a 65L/17G, but Rooster is more experienced than me and maybe its just too small a risk these days as heater mechanisms have probably become much more reliable than years ago.

~~waterdrop~~

Even though the chance of failing in the on position is small, the heater is large enough to cause a lot of damage from excess heat in a short time. If you had a 75W or 100W heater, it could still fail in the on position but it would take long enough to cook the fish to give you a chance of catching it.

Even though the chance of failing in the on position is small, the heater is large enough to cause a lot of damage from excess heat in a short time. If you had a 75W or 100W heater, it could still fail in the on position but it would take long enough to cook the fish to give you a chance of catching it.
Thanks to all of you for your comments. I think I will return it for a smaller one just to be on the safe side. Looking forward to starting the set up in the New Year now, just hope I don't drive everyone mad with 101 questions on the forum!

Most reactions

Back