Advice On African Dwarf Frogs

rgrrmg

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please let me know if the ADF tanks need to cycle. Also my freind's 3.5 ADF tank has been setup and running for about a month with 3 frogs and they are doing great.
Can I use some filter media from her tank to seed my new tank that I am doing a fishless cycle on?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please let me know if the ADF tanks need to cycle. Also my freind's 3.5 ADF tank has been setup and running for about a month with 3 frogs and they are doing great.
Can I use some filter media from her tank to seed my new tank that I am doing a fishless cycle on?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

IMO I would definitely seed with your friend's filter. Because they have no scales, ADFs are REALLY sensitive to water quality and need to be treated really gently in that respect.

Thanks for the Info., I guess it would make sense to first test her water in the tank and see what the quality is like?
She has never tested the water in her tank before, except for PH about a month ago.

Even better, look up some care sheets online. You can get a pretty good idea of what kind of care a species need from these care sheets. They always lay out the temp, pH, tank size, food, etc. Of course, no single one is THE prefect care guide but you can average them out and they work pretty well. Just google 'african dwarf frog care'.

Thanks for the input, just tested her 3.5g tank and the ammonia = 0, Nitrate = 0, PH = ~7.5, and Nitrate = ~6.0
I'm going to use some filter media from her tank to seed my 12g fishless cycle tank.

Thanks.

For my 5 gallon adf tank, I didn't use filter media, but I filled about half of the tank with water from my already established tank. They seemed quite happy.

Most reactions

Back