Advice Needed On What Small Plec/loach/catfish To Get....

hollyp0p

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I want a small plec type fish to go in the bottom of my juwel rekord 60....which is 55 litres or 45 aftre my gravel is counted in.....I saw some bulldog plecs i think they were (possibly pitbull) in my lfs the other day and they grow to about 5cm.....I want something this size to go in my community tank with my very placid male betta, 4 zebra danios and 5 little neons.....any suggestions on small bottow dwellers? :good:

holly
x

id say either a pair of bristle noses or 2-3 bulldog plecs

cheers dane

I have room enough in my tank for about 1 or 2 more fish of about 6-7cm.....do bulldogs prefer company? I think bristlenose may be too large.
Either that or any idea what leopard catfish or reticulated corydoras are like temperment wise?
Also possibly loaches.....maybe clown loach or dwarf loach?!

This is my problem with fish keeping....too much choice ;)

bulldogs will be good also shrimp make good clean up crew and a funny to watch

clown loaches and that too big for your tank

cheers dane

You have wood, i recommend bristlenoses....there awesome, hardy, fun 2 watch and clean the tank....and they are really friendly with loaches and sharks...My bristlenose (female) best friend is an albino rainbow shark and a lone black kuhli loach, the 3 of them follow each other around eerywere, and are not at all agressive!!! Happy catfish keeping,
Analise :good: :shout: :rolleyes: :blink: :shifty: :unsure:

Attachments

• 1111111111Albino_Rainbow_Shark_2.jpg
    1111111111Albino_Rainbow_Shark_2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 111111111bristle1.jpg
    111111111bristle1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 53
You have wood, i recommend bristlenoses....there awesome, hardy, fun 2 watch and clean the tank....and they are really friendly with loaches and sharks...My bristlenose (female) best friend is an albino rainbow shark and a lone black kuhli loach, the 3 of them follow each other around eerywere, and are not at all agressive!!! Happy catfish keeping,
Analise :good: :shout: :rolleyes: :blink: :shifty: :unsure:
aww wicked....i love the albine sharks, often admire them :)
how big do BN's get?

Most reactions

Back