Advice Needed On Fire Eels.

hedgehog738

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi, i have an approximately 8-10inch fire eel. i have her in a tank with medium to large fish but now i am wanting a change and wanting to put smaller shoaling fish in. i am going to get rid (to nice homes, not the bin)of my fish i have now but i really want to keep my fire eel. i was wondering what size fish i would be ok and not get eaten by her. she is really friendly and hand fed on the first day i got her and has never shown any aggression. also i am mainly feeding her on bloodworm but what other foods do they really enjoy or any foods i could give her as a treat. i have tried giving her brine shrimp when she was younger but she doesnt seem to like anything but bloodworm. thanks.

hi, i have an approximately 8-10inch fire eel. i have her in a tank with medium to large fish but now i am wanting a change and wanting to put smaller shoaling fish in. i am going to get rid (to nice homes, not the bin)of my fish i have now but i really want to keep my fire eel. i was wondering what size fish i would be ok and not get eaten by her. she is really friendly and hand fed on the first day i got her and has never shown any aggression. also i am mainly feeding her on bloodworm but what other foods do they really enjoy or any foods i could give her as a treat. i have tried giving her brine shrimp when she was younger but she doesnt seem to like anything but bloodworm. thanks.
I saw some fire eels and Tyre eels today as my local supplier, and both are described as not to mix with small fish. Im thinking anything that can fit in its mouth, so definately nothing like Tetras.

I saw some fire eels and Tyre eels today as my local supplier, and both are described as not to mix with small fish. Im thinking anything that can fit in its mouth, so definately nothing like Tetras.

i was thinking more like medium sized fish like swordtails and gouramis and maybe angel fish

Most reactions

Back