advice for designing my new tank

braders

Reaction score
i have a 24inch tank (15g) i'm having 2 oscars, gouramis and 2 coriess;
i have got a piece of bogwood that is a sort of cave and loads of plants. (7) :lol:
do you think i should put a rock in it? it hasnt really got any shape just a big square. do you think i should put that in>
i also have some slate so i could make a cave in amongst the plants for the cories. wottya think :look:

Two oscars in a 15 gallon tank? Oscars will get way too big for that tank.

Personally i'd add a few more plants but 7 is probably adequate. My corys like somewhere to hide every now and then so i'd go with the cave thing :p They'll like any algae that grows on the rock if you put that in also.

OSCARS WILL GET TO BIG IF YOUR PLANNING TO GET A BIGGER TANK FOR THEM LATER ON IT MIGHT BE OKAY. HOWEVER THEY WILL START DIGGING UP THE PLANTS AND WILL PROBABLY KILL THE OTHER FISH TO MAKE ROOM FOR THEMSELVES IF THEY START GROWING RAPIDLY. I WOULD RECOMMEND A 30 GAL TANK TO STSRT THEM OFF THOUGH. YOPU WILL HAVE A LITTEL MORE TIME BEFORE YOU HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER TANK

1. Just like everybody else said, oscars are too big for a 15 gal.

2. How many gouramis, and what kind?

3. Get more than 2 corys, like 3 or 4, they're happier in groups. For a long time I just had 2, then one day I decided to get them some buddies... Now I have four, and they're much happier. They like to snuggle up against each other it's so cute :wub:

2 oscars will eat the gouramis and cories and then prolly die themselfs from being in such a tiny tank.

OMG, woops, i ment ottos. i was in a rush lol

braders said:
OMG, woops, i ment ottos. i was in a rush lol
LOL

Good stuff. In which case you might want to make it 4 otos and 4+ cories because both like to be kept in groups.

You can put a rock in if you want although I doubt it's necessary.

Most reactions

Back