Adf's In A .....

*Fishkies*

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
How many ADF's would you put in a 2.5 gallon tank? Of course with filtration and heating, lights being a given.

2-3.
if its planted and has good filtration (not too powerful to blow the frogs around) i would say maybe 4 frogs. they like their own company and as long as caves and shelter is provided, i cant see a problem.
they arent what you would call large waste producers

2-3.
if its planted and has good filtration (not too powerful to blow the frogs around) i would say maybe 4 frogs. they like their own company and as long as caves and shelter is provided, i cant see a problem.
they arent what you would call large waste producers

That's what i thought. I didn't think they were a huge waste producer.

Thanks to all who who answered!!!!! :thanks: :thanks:

Personally, I have a 5 gallon (us) tank and I have three frogs and an apple snail. While the frogs themselves don't produce much waste, the un eate bloodworms ( which there are alot of) do. I suggest sticking with 2 adfs in your tank, and you should be fine. In my opinion, having fewer of them is nicer, because you can "get to know" each frog better.

Are we talking 2.5 gallon long, cube or tall? UK or US gallons? I would only put 1 in for it to be comfortable and 2 would be under cramp conditions at a push for not as permanent. Apple snails need 10 or more gallons for initial snail and 5 gallons for each additional and Nerites need 5 gallons for initial with 2.5 for every additional to be happy. Just because they can go walk about over the top of tank doesn't mean they will if they are happy in their environment and from my experiences and that of others I have read about those are safe guidelines to follow for a happy snail. My tanks are all open top with no lid and I have only lost 2 shrimp to escape (3 days after being put in and then 2 weeks after being in their after I changed the filtration system) and no snails. Apple snails are also huge waste producers that will quickly litter such a small tank unless you plan properly.

Most reactions

Back