Adf Damaged Leg

knightsfield

Reaction score
Hi

I have 3 ADFs in a cycled tank for the last 4 weeks.

One of the ADFs looks like he has damaged his back feet and now has a white fur like fungus growing on them

adf.jpg

I'll try to get a better photo

I'm doing extra water changes to keep the water as clean as possible but what else can I do to help?

Thanks

Rob

does it definately look like fungus as they do shed their skin every so often which looks like snot and it could have some still caught round its legs. I used to have 8 adfs in a 2ft tank with a betta i had them for years then the heater stuck on and boiled them all, the glass was too hot to touch :-(

Emma

your frog has a fungal infections - this is usually caused by poor water conditions... did you cycle the tank with or without the frogs?
dwarf frogs are very sensitive to water conditions.

Separate the frog into its own tank because fungal infections are contagious.

Treatment:
  1. Clean the tank.
  2. Treat the water. (Dechlorinator, Stress-coat, Stress-zyme, and Aquarium Salt.
  3. Give each ill frog a salt bath every 3-4 days (twice a week). Take a spare container (Tupperware or a Kritter Keeper) - add one gallon of dechlorinated water around 72* and 1/2 Teaspoon of Epsom Salt. Let the frog remain in here for an hour. The discard the water and return the frog to its treatment tank.
  4. Methelyne Blue is useful in treating fungal infections. Follow directions on packaging for dosing instructions.
  5. Improvement should be visible upon improving the frog's living conditions.

your frog has a fungal infections - this is usually caused by poor water conditions... did you cycle the tank with or without the frogs?
dwarf frogs are very sensitive to water conditions.

Separate the frog into its own tank because fungal infections are contagious.

Treatment:
  1. Clean the tank.
  2. Treat the water. (Dechlorinator, Stress-coat, Stress-zyme, and Aquarium Salt.
  3. Give each ill frog a salt bath every 3-4 days (twice a week). Take a spare container (Tupperware or a Kritter Keeper) - add one gallon of dechlorinated water around 72* and 1/2 Teaspoon of Epsom Salt. Let the frog remain in here for an hour. The discard the water and return the frog to its treatment tank.
  4. Methelyne Blue is useful in treating fungal infections. Follow directions on packaging for dosing instructions.
  5. Improvement should be visible upon improving the frog's living conditions.

The tank was cycled prior to the frogs being added. Tests showing ammonia and nitrite at 0. I've moved the infected frog into a separate tank and will try the suggested treatments

Most reactions

Back