adding more fish...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TAZZ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what kind of fish, if any, and how many, could i add in with my betta fish. the bowl isnt the biggest thing, its about 10L

and how would i find out how aggressive my betta is?

thanks

tazz

a 10 litre bowl is about 2 gallons. Its small for even just one betta on its own. No more fish unless you get a bigger tank I'm afraid ;)

hmm the store said this tank was a good size for it... coem to think of it, im not 100% about the capacity of the tank. the size is around 12"X6"X8" roughly - just eyeing the dimensions. its not really rectangular - more of a rounded rectangle in shape. it might b 5 gallon tank, cause the dude at the store told me to put 1 tablet of this fungus cure in the tank, and 1 tablet is for 5 gallons of water.

sorry for the lack of info :/

tazz

Yes its a good size for betta, but I wouldn't add any more fish at all. If you want more fish than get a new tank :)

yes williams right, you need a bigger tank if you want to add more fish, putting more in a small tank would lead to big problems, :/

good call hehe... just gunna wait about a month i think, by then il have some cash from the new job =) will prolly get an aquarium tank... and in the mean time learn more from this awesome site =)

the store, pet smart, is selling an aquarium kit for like $230 cdn, so i might look into that... although ive learned oen thing - dont rely just on those kits, cause it aint half of what u really need LOL.. ive spent like $70 cdn on a small tableside tank thats prolly like 5 gallons, when i thought i only needed the tank and kit - which cost $20

heh, well it was worth it =) my betta is swimming happily around his tank, in and out of the plant hehe.

i still got lots to learn, so ul have to bare with me :p

tazz

Happy to help :) Some very good deals can be found on the internet (especially in America) or perhaps you could go second hand, try ebay they have a load. This should all save you some money and is how I intend to go reef which otherwise would be astronomically expensive (for me a student anyway).

Most reactions

Back