Adding Fish Question

funnydemonfairy

Reaction score
alright, well, despite the fact that i clean my betta tank out every week, i'm still having problems with algea or whatever it is. what fish or water creature can i get that would help get rid of the algea and if i get another water animal, will my betta attack it??

i would recommend a snail... problem is that the United States has currently stopped importing all snails due to a contaminated batch. they're going to be in quarantine and won't be available in most areas for up to a year. :S

you could also try an algae eater. not sure how those would fare in a betta bowl/tank, but the betta shouldn't attack it.

I have a snail in one of my betta tanks, and he does a fine job of keeping algae down. I'd suggest buying one locally. That should still be available to you, even if they're not being imported currently. And if you can't find any locally, I'd be happy to send some to you from my own personal stock for the cost of shipping.

Thanks, I just had another question, whether I get an algea eater or a snail, will the betta water condtioner be harmful to them in anyway?

Regarding the algae eater, if it's a chinese algae eater, be very careful, because they have a habit of attaching themselves to fish and that creates wounds.

I read somewhere that Malayan livebearing snails are good, and they don't make a big mess, and don't reproduce unless you over feed them. but they are hard to find!

:blink: Where'd you get hard to find from! there is an abundance of MTS in my snail tub i keep under my bed lol... although your in the US and you cant have any :p

Bret

Most reactions

Back