Added Some Wood To The Tank.........

stuhyde

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Kiln dried from local pet store, checked it would be OK in an aquarium and the guy said yes.

I put it in, and the next morning the water was really clouds (added 3 plants at the same time)

tank1.jpg

Next day on, it looks like the filter has cleared it all up, tank is nice and clean (see pic) but the main pipes from the ex700 look a bit "grimy" sorta thing?

Just wanna check this is OK, ammonia and nitrites levels ok, not tested PH yet as am still adding ammonia daily.

Any help appreciated

:good:

Can't tell you if it's ok or not, sorry - but I just wanted to say that's a lovely piece of wood!!!

Hope the fishless cycle goes well

I soaked it then did a 50% water change, will prolly do another 80% one later, leave it for a few more days and see how the levels are doing.

CHeers

:shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout:

Can't tell you if it's ok or not, sorry - but I just wanted to say that's a lovely piece of wood!!!

Hope the fishless cycle goes well

Thanks, there are 2 pieces in there, one on left ok, the one on the right is sorta floating upside down (if u can tell)

I need to get a weight of some description to hold it down, if anyone has any ideas

:good:

no need to weight it down it will sink itself after a few days of proper soaking, I normally presoak wood for 1-2 days refilling from time to time with boiled water.

I doubt the wood will cause any problems.

Ive used non pet shop tree roots in big tanks without any problems.

Yeh but it took one geezer 2 years for his to sink LOLOL

Might silicon that one piece to a piece of glass I have upstairs and bury it in the substrate

Yeh but it took one geezer 2 years for his to sink LOLOL

Might silicon that one piece to a piece of glass I have upstairs and bury it in the substrate

I never silicon things to tanks, probably because I like flexibility I dont consider any tank permanent, because I know that I might want a change in 2 years time.

Are you sure your silicon is tank safe? some have anti fungal ingredients etc that can make fish ill.

Aquarium silicon/aquarium sealant. your Local fish store will have some. its pricey but essential. Any spare can be kept in case of emergencies (e.g. leaks).

I would have to agree on recommending a dedicated aquarium sealant, although you "might" be getting an identical product in another tube cheap from the builders merchants they just dont give you enough information to know for sure :(.

Most reactions

Back