The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

connorlindeman

Plant Man
Contest Moderator
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
as I was adding a new cory catfish to my tank it flipped over in the bag as I opened it. is there something wrong with the fish?

as I was adding a new cory catfish to my tank it flipped over in the bag as I opened it. is there something wrong with the fish?
no he was probably stressed or the water in ithe bag was bad
clean water gets rid of itches
maybe de-parasite it just in case

contact the pet shop and let them know what happened (it rolled over in the bag). If it dies or isn't acting normally tomorrow, take it back and get another one.

contact the pet shop and let them know what happened (it rolled over in the bag). If it dies or isn't acting normally tomorrow, take it back and get another one.
good advice. the cat is doing fine now so I think that it was just stressed or something.

Cories are shoaling fish which need others of their own species - at least 6 of them.

As long as there are at least 3 of each species, it's OK to mix species. You have 4 of each and a total shoal of 8 so that's fine. But if you want to get more and have room, the more the merrier with cories :)

I didn't want to complicate things in my last reply which is why I didn't mention mixed shoals then.

Different opinions on the forum but to me shoals of the same species are preferable.
Or a mix of two decent shoals of different (if they're not closely related).

If this Cory is kept single the amount of stress isn't that strange. I even think it is strange they are sold single but okay.

As long as this forum will exist, there will be different opinions on this btw.

As long as there are at least 3 of each species, it's OK to mix species. You have 4 of each and a total shoal of 8 so that's fine. But if you want to get more and have room, the more the merrier with cories :)

I didn't want to complicate things in my last reply which is why I didn't mention mixed shoals then.
Thanks, I'll probably get more since I have 470 L, lightly stocked. They are fun little fish.

Most reactions

Back