About Frogs

roseykat5

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my daughter purchased a dwarf frogs the one that stay in water and one had already excaped from the tank so what can i do to keep him in or prevent i covered the holes but where the filter if he that smart he will get out thru taht though i covered as best as i can and i was told to feed the shrimp pellets but hasnt touched it yet and i ve given frozen food no advail so any suggestions would be appreciated as i dont want it to starve

african dwarf frog is what i have and i would like for it to live i heard they are hard to feed at first just cause its strange but they are swimming fine and all and i checked to make sure they have webbed front and they do so thats good thing too and need help to get it to eat

I have had them for many ages and never had a problem with getting them to eat. However I have only ever kept mine in a 20gallon long or 10gallon tank. I have never had a problem with them getting food.

I feed mine HBH Frog and Tadple bites. He loves it and is able to get it because it gets in the gravel where the fish don't notcice because I feed them their flakes at the same time. I often try to aim the pellets in his area.

Good Luck! :good:

ive attempted putting hte shrimp pellets in his area .. thats what lsf same one was feeding them and they have been there for 3 weeks and they dont look so skinny either so thast why i was concerned i dont see them eating it either one i have 2 but hey hang out on the top alot but heat is at 77, checked the water its fine even the ph level is fine so i have no idea why they wont eat

Maybe try some freeze dried bloodworms. Since you say they hang around the top, maybe they'd pick that food up.

I put some live bloodworms in with mine. He loves them, but ... urgh, you should see him eat!

Most reactions

Back