Aaaah, Didn't Get The Cutest Mini-Betta!

GuppyGoddess

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So, I am just starting a cycling of a 5-gallon tank today and was looking in Petco and they had an ULTRA small little girly there. I wish I could get her. She is literally only 1/2" long. She was pale from stress. Sadly, I'm betting she will not make it and probably would have better luck in my uncycled 5-gallon then in her little cup (possibly not being adopted) :( This is just when I thought I'd NEVER again buy a betta before a tank is cycled. How do I stay strong!?

Bettas are quite hardy if kept correctly. If you just go to a pet store or somewhere that sells fish tank things, buy some cycle, (thats what its called where i live, its basicly just live bacteria that you put into your tank." Put some of that in and what i say is try your luck, just use the bacteria, and put in some stress coat, or whatever your equivalent is, and chuck it in. I guess it will be ok. No promises though.

Sounds like a juvenile, that's exactly how mine looked when I got her, or should I say him. Very small and yes too small to be sold. I kept mine in a cup for 3 days after purchase as mine was so weak it would have not been able to swim in a deeper tank, but if you can keep it warm and do daily water changes than it will survive until your big tank is cycled. Be sure to feed twice a day!

Fish like that wont make it long if they are not fed every day. :( mine almost died from starvation literally a day away from death at purchase. I did what I had to and it paid off and it lived!

Thread here- http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/320338-smallest-betta-i-have-ever-seen-and-purchased-with-pictures/

Sounds like a juvenile, that's exactly how mine looked when I got her, or should I say him. Very small and yes too small to be sold. I kept mine in a cup for 3 days after purchase as mine was so weak it would have not been able to swim in a deeper tank, but if you can keep it warm and do daily water changes than it will survive until your big tank is cycled. Be sure to feed twice a day!

Fish like that wont make it long if they are not fed every day. :( mine almost died from starvation literally a day away from death at purchase. I did what I had to and it paid off and it lived!

Thread here- http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/320338-smallest-betta-i-have-ever-seen-and-purchased-with-pictures/
Okay, thanks for your recommendations. I bought a different one today, also the same size, and went ahead and put her in the tank and she's doing okay. She's still really pale but is swimming around and came up to my finger and took food. Hopefully she survives.

Okay, here she is under the intake valve. This is a good photo showing the scale she is compared to her 5-gallon tank. Since the photo was taken, a small terra cotta pot has been added. I plan to add more silk plants later.

Attachments

• minilucyintankTFF.jpg
    minilucyintankTFF.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 34
I'll attach more later when I get a chance. . .for some reason the other ones I'm trying to attach aren't working. Keep coming up with a red X.

Most reactions

Back