A Splash Of Colour

Excellent mate :good:... Can tell the females have held before so thats a good sign

Think a pair of these or a trio of each next would look good :good:
malawi2.jpg

malawi1.jpg

cheers everybody . yep doa the rocks aint exactly light , but they are sitting on eggcrate type material to disperse the weight .

its lovely and active ian . exactly what i was after . im really enjoying them so far . as for further stocking im going to let things settle for a while , make sur i dont get any spikes/mini cycle from the increased bioload . also theres a few little juveniles in there that il let grow out a bit too and il see how it is in say 3 or 4 months . then if theres space id like to add a few more malawis and maybe a trio of synodontis multipluntatus

malawi mad , how can you tell if the females have held before?

Think a pair of these or a trio of each next would look good :good:
malawi2.jpg

malawi1.jpg

wanted some of those but they were out of stock

yep they came from tony mate . a few more shots , plus the full tank shot
female sunset
femalesunset.jpg

female malauna
femalemalauna.jpg

male
bigblue.jpg

eureka2.jpg

and a tank shot
fulltank1.jpg

Looking at the first 2 pics, if you look at their buccal cavity of both females(just below their mouths)its slightly stretched indicating that they have held before, unless they were just fed when you took pics?

well i guess time will tell if they spawn or not mate . at the moment the male malauna is trying to get the females attention , swimming up to her and spreading his fins , but she seems uninterested at the moment .

im going to play with the exposure compensation on the flash as its washing the colours out ever so slightly on a couple of the fish , il hjave a play and get some better pics up later with any luck

Even the females look nice, not drab at all :good: :good:

yeah the females are by no means unatractive , just kind of put in the shade somewhat by the showy males .

I love your tank and fish, would look just right in my livin room :nod:

Im saving hard now, and still learning, so hopefully i can have something like this in a year or so

Most reactions

Back