A Quick Question On Angels In A Tank

altselgreen

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

What is the minimum size tank for a pair of angels? Thinking about getting some so I need to do some research!!!

Sam :D

29g is minimum I think. It does make a difference that 1 gallon from 30g. A 30g is 3' long whereas a 29g is only 2.5' long but is higher so better for the angels growth.

Much of it depends on the size of the pair. A standard fin pair does fine in a 20 high, veils do better in a 29 with the extra height. This is in a bare tank, with no other fish.

I've seen breeders keep young pairs in a divided 29 or 30, I've divided a 29 a couple of times for young pairs. This gives you the opportunity to pull a spawn to see if the pair is worth keeping, and moving to a larger tank..

I am an avid fan of angelfish and in many angelfish forums I have learned is atleaset 10 US gallons per adult angelfish is the general rule. A pair male and female may be able to be put in a smaller tank, say 15 gallons becaue there are no territorial issues. I would suggest a taller versus longer tank like a a 29 gallon tall or a 37 gallon tall! :good:

I don't think it works that way. When it comes to bigger tanks, some suggest that if you divide the capacity by 10g, you can work out how many angels you can have (much like the idea of 1ft per angel). I don't think it works on smaller tanks though - I personally wouldn't put one angel in a 15g, never mind two.

Most reactions

Back