A Peaceful Betta Sorority Tank...

Your bettas are beautiful! :good: That's an awesome tank. Maybe someday, when I have the room, I'll have a sorority tank.

Your tank's awesome! I always wanted a tank of females. I like the females better actually. They are just as colorful as the males and 98% of the time more peaceful. The males look violent with their long fins and such, but i like the more famine colors in the females, such as pink, light blue, purple, and all the pastel colors

Well, I put Cleo in the sorority tank yesterday. I was a little nervous because when she was just with Jasmine in the quarantine tank, she seemed a little overbearing. She's also huge! But.... put her in the tank with the other girls, immediately dumped in a load of live worms and, after the food fest, everybody went over to Cleo, one by one, and got nose to nose with her just like dogs do (when they're not sniffing butt). It all went very well and, by this morning, she'd adopted her own little corner of the tank for her quiet space. I'm very pleased.

Jasmine's my first marbly girl and I couldn't tell if the two whitish spots on her face were her natural coloring or the start of a fungus, so she's in the hospital tank being treated with Betta Fix Remedy right now. She looks great, eats voraciously and is swimming fine, but I'd rather err on the side of caution. ;)

Oh, I should mention, to those of you who think you might not have room for a sorority tank, this 15 gallon came with a stand, so I didn't have to find space for it on a table and I got it free from www.freecycle.org. I just tucked it into the corner by the recliner and it fits perfectly. I'll have to take a picture of the whole tank so you can see. :D

Yes, do. Pics!!!

I agree completely with you about the erring on the cautious side. I have lost too many Betta to erring in the wrong direction. So many maladys are hard to get undercontrol once they take hold.

I may try my quarantined girl. I had thought to wait to add a few at once, but perhaps she can take care of herself.

Most reactions

Back