Reaction score
Gwen, Gypsy & India

Cleopatra (still in quarantine tank)

Gypsy

Jasmine (still in quarantine tank)

Gwen & Iris

Violet, Iris & Gwen

What keeps my sorority so serene?

Wow! Those are awesome pictures!! Gives me hope that one day, I can have a sorority tank! I'm just too afraid with my 2 little girls right now... (I know I need more than 2.) I especially love the pics with them altogether! They're all quite "eggie" too... I guess they're hoping for a male to swim by... :rolleyes:

My girls have always been eggy.... maybe we have a fertile house. :lol:

By the way, the more females you have, the more peaceful the tank. At least, that's proven to be the case in our house. :nod:

Certainly..... this is a 15 gallon tall tank. There are 6 females in there now, and then the two in quarantine waiting to go in. And that will be it. Any more would be overcrowding them because they wouldn't have enough quiet spaces to go to in the tank. I've heard a rule of thumb of 5 girls per 10 gallons, but I really think it depends on the personalities of your females.

Really nice. I don't think there is any more interesting tank than a nice sorority. Your rule of thumb sounds right to me. I like your girls. It's a nice selection.

My husband gets a hoot out of them because they're so interactive with us. He went to install a temp gauge in the tank and said they were all around his fingers "what's that what's that what's that"..... they're certainly not shy at all and watching them is like watching a rainbow.... I just love this tank. :wub:

I am hoping to get an apt. with an extra room for a fish room soon. The Betta tanks will not be stuck away. We need each other. They need to see what going on and I love watching them. Sometimes I have to rewind the DVR because they are being sooo cute and they distract me from the movie. lol

Welcome you and your Bettas.

Aww! They're all so cute! Makes me want a sorority tank. That first pic is my favorite though. Gypsy is so pretty!

I'm with you on how awesome sorority tanks are. I love mine and want to get a bigger tank for my girls ^_^ And I agree with the 5 girls to 10 gallons. That's what mine is and it's perfect.

there all stunning but i think gwen is my fav (cambodian if i have the names right)

Those are all really beautiful betta females. I especially like Gypsy's coloring. Someday I might think about making a betta tank for all females, I really like the look of it.

On a side note, I saw a beautiful vibrant purple male today at the store and was tempted to buy him even though I have no tanks or anything set up but I decided against it. Bettas really are cool fish.

Gwen, Gypsy are my favs however if pushed Gypsy would be my pic of the bunch.

they are all beautiful lovely photos :)

Thank you all for your comments..... my stepson (12 y.o.) is now thinking of starting a sorority rather than getting a single male. :good:

Most reactions

Back