A few questions about Dwarf Puffers

Thanks Ritt
as Elisabeth says, Dwarf Puffers don't do well in salt at all (other than maybe a salt dip to rid parasites)...but they are very forgiving of Ph levels and should do fine at 6.8. Talk to your lfs about a quarintine period in the store, as most puffers are wild caught and frequently have internal parasites.

Well I found fish store that had dwarf puffers yesterday, so I got two females. They seam to be adjusting well to there new surroundings. The store had been feeding them live worms. Not sure what kind, they are very small and black. They gave me a week’s supply of them. I also bought a package of frozen Brine and Mysis shrimp. I plan on just feeding them frozen foods. I dethawed a small piece of the Mysis shrimp last night and this morning but my two puffers just looked at them. Also one very small piece seamed almost like it was too much. I did throw in a few worms this morning and they sucked them down right away.

Does any one have any suggestion on how to get them to start eating frozen food?

I feed my Dwarfs and S/A's frozen bloodworms and frozen Mysis shrimp. I find the dwarfs seem to prefer the worms most times. You could try mixing the shrimp with the blackworms at feeding time, they may get a taste for shrimp that way. Congrats on the new arrivals :thumbs: ....hope you enjoy them as much as I do :D

I got some frozen blood worms the other day. They love them. They suck all the guts out of the worm and leave the skin. Now I am stuck with a years supply worth of shrimp.

Thanks for everyone’s advise.

I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

If you have any othe fish they will eat the shrimp in a heartbeat, my swordtails and guppies love it...glad to hear the little guys are eating well, looking foreward to seeing the pics :thumbs:

I posted a few pics go check them out

not fare i want some :(
but as i for 1 can't aford a new tank to put them in :angry:
and 2 don't think there go in my com tank with 12 neons :sad:

Most reactions

Back