A Few Malawi Pics

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
for those that dont visit the journal heres a few pics of some of my fish .

aulonocara jacobfreibergi "eureka colour"
Picture002-2.jpg

yellow lab
Picture004-1.jpg

hap sp. 44
Picture017.jpg

aulonocara malauna
Picture009.jpg

wow great looking fish but the yellow lab looks amazing

thanks , the yellow labs are cool fish , they give real activity to the tank

all very nice. Have to agree that the lab is the standout fish. The clean line between the solid yellow and black makes it look painted!

all very nice. Have to agree that the lab is the standout fish. The clean line between the solid yellow and black makes it look painted!

thankyou . i agree i love the way the black contrasts against the bright yellow . altho being self critical the flash exposure is way off in the yellow lab pic makes the yellow glare a little .

awesome photos and wow! awesome fish!

thankyou

it's like marine, but more colourful!

great pics Mark, what lens?

thanks ian , these were done with the 100mm macro lens but not focused in close . i did try to do some macros of these boys but they move too much :crazy:

Really loving those pics Mark
I have to keep these fish one day how you finding them as a setup.?

Nice pics. keep them coming, liking the Malawis more and more each time I see them, still too hooked on the Tangs though :good:
Cheers, Sean :good:

Really loving those pics Mark
I have to keep these fish one day how you finding them as a setup.?

cheers mate , im loving them as a setup , not the same amount of "character" as new worlds altho imo most of the so called character is begging for food , which these guys do in abundance. as a display tho these for me beat the new worlds hands down , even the discus i had . they make for a lovely colourful lively display . the mouthbrooding behaviours is really cool too .

cheers sean , im considering getting my empty 30g up an running with some shell dwellers or similar , altho that may not happen as im saving up for a super telephoto lens for my camera which is going to be a tad pricey

Most reactions

Back