A Contact For People In Birmingham Area

-=Joel=-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hiya folks,

Just found and used this guy. I hope its in the right place, maybe we need a sticky of contacts ?

Barber Brothers
Tel: 0121 4404737
Unit 3, Clifton Indust Est Road
Birmingham
West Midlands
B12 8SX

Charged me £3 for a refil of 2kg bottle. Get you own bottle back and takes SECONDS to do.
A 2kg bottle, new and filled, cost me £20.

Very good prices and a good bloke too :)

Joel

Hi! Thanks for info, do they recharge any bottles? Do they put liquid CO2 or gas?

Not sure what goes in but they work once hooked upto the tank again Lol :)

Not sure what you man by recharge ?

They can fill up any cylinder I think and they had loads of fire extinguishers lying around lol, if they cant a new bottle doesnt cost much at all, £20 filled.

If you do happen to go, might be worth a mention that a lad told you the info lol. Also to pass on the info to other fishkeepers in need of co2 :)

Doesnt look like they earn too much and its always good to support the locals, because once they are gone they are gone :(

Joel

Great Post!

Thanks for sharing the information, as Birmingham is only about an hour away (20 minutes if not for the traffic!)

I second the call for a sticky, as more and more of us have/will end up with pressurised co2. A collection of all the co2 suppliers in the US/UK/Rest of the world (Hi guys!) would be a good idea.

Be buggered if I could find anyone in Leicester to do this. Get my LFS doing it for £15 a 2kg bottle.

Ill second the call for a sticky CO2 supplier list.

There is a great welding shop near me, 50quid (same as for JBl cylinders!) for a 12lb cylinder full, then 30quid refill, which would last years on even big tanks.

Sam

I tried this once before, got the start of a list in this thread...... "Where in the UK can you Refill Co2 Bottles"

Aeropars: I did a ring around quite a few places around the Leicester area.
I now use Maidenhead Aquatics in Stapleton for my 500g JBL bottles and a local contact for my 2Kg Co2 fire extinguisher refills.

There are some details for other areas also....

Al

Ok, just an update for you. I phoned this place (very very helpful by the way!!!) and they told me it will take £5 to refill a 2KG Fire extinguisher, as long as it has been tested in the last 10 years. I hope to go down Sat to get mine refilled (they open til 12.30 on a Saturday).

I didn't mention Joel, but will when I go down there (maybe I can blag my way for a reduction, but a fiver still doesn't sound too bad to me for a refill).

Most reactions

Back