A Complete Noob

Welcome to the world of beautiful betta buddies!

I am also new and learned alot on here from some of the more experienced people.
You might wanna get yourself a book on bettas from a Petsmart or Petco too. I picked one up last weeks and learned alot of good, researched information. It'll only run you about 5 bucks. And isnt your little man worth that?

They have awesome personalities. And Im addicted to say the least. I have 6 and love them all.

PS- this is what I love to ride.....

Attachments

• LeavingtheBash1a.jpg
    LeavingtheBash1a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 39
0.1% (1 teaspoon per gallon) rock salt (pickling and aquarium salt also work) is a much cheaper and equally effective subsitute to antibiotics.

0.1% (1 teaspoon per gallon) rock salt (pickling and aquarium salt also work) is a much cheaper and equally effective subsitute to antibiotics.
I disagree entirely. what sort of basis do you have for a statement like that?

Don't change the filter. If you do, you're getting rid of all of the beneficial bacteria that has been building up. Probably going to end up killing alot of it w/ medication though.
I wouldn't use any medication right now. Unless his tail gets worse for no reason, THEN use meds, but if his tail is healing up fine, then just keep his water clean w/ a little bit of aquarium salt to help. The clear tail you see is regrowth, so that's a good sign.

Ok, quick little update! Its to bad that i got to your post late amunet!!! I actually already threw away the filer that was in there...i completely disassembled my tank and took everything out, rinsed everything off again including the silk plants, heater, filter, gravel, thermometer and also put in a new filter. I ended up taking Beast out of the tank day after i got the melafix (finally named him haha) and put him in a much smaller tank so i could monitor him closer. He is starting to regrow his fins and is showing a lot of white on his anal fin and top fin (cant remember the name of it lol). I wasnt sure what that was so thanks for clearing that up! I ended up giving him a half dose of melafix and he's been on that for 5 days which i have been doing 20-30% water changes every other day. Hes still acting normal and am trying to think of when i should put him back into the 10G tank. The tank has been back together now for a solid two days with everything running (filter and heater). Hopefully i can get him back in there soon but am kind of waiting for the weekend to see how hes doing! I'm also going to start giving an even smaller dose for the next couple days...Keep the opinions comin! Thanks for everything everyone, i keep searchin everyday and since im so new at this i learn somethin new every day haha! Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the tip to put a smooth glass piece over the hole in the pot! Never really thought about him tryin to swim through it!

Most reactions

Back