A ? About Lighting?

jgilley84

Reaction score
i have a 48" long tank and im going to do a fowlr and maybe get more in to the reef later but i want to get the light i will need then now so i dont have to waste money so what brand should i go with and what size and all that jazz will i need and where can i get it at will dr. forster and smith be a good place?

Lumenarc's are really good. Not sure on price though. You may find good deals on your LRC (Local Reef Club) Search a big city near your home on google and put Reef Club right after it. You might find something really good on there.

I'd go with the second or third one, the first one is good, but you'd have to get more than one to keep SPS.

If you really want to be ready for a reef tank, look into metal halide lighting, you won't be disappointed.

go with the thrid. I just actually purchased the same light but with 2-50/50 actinics and 2-10K's instead of the 4-10k's. I found a much better price ($100 cheaper :shifty: ) on eBay so look there before you go ahead buying on the site you found :good:

I would just recommend the pc's anyways because they are better in the long run if you decide to get a few softies and for the price, it's only a few dollars more (if you search for a deal) than the T5's and I believe the pc's will be a much better light in the long run :good:

I'd go with the second or third one, the first one is good, but you'd have to get more than one to keep SPS.

If you really want to be ready for a reef tank, look into metal halide lighting, you won't be disappointed.

agreed

Most reactions

Back