£1.50 Diy Moonlight

raptorrex

Inactive
Reaction score
8 very cheap ice blue 12v gofaster lights new in blister packs £1.50, lol carboot,. bit of wood to stick em too, 12v dc unit, in cuboard. 10 min work. not the best pic its true, aint had chance to do one with the lights off, yet!!!
moonlights.jpg

one of the leds
led.jpg

the connection joint
connection.jpg

the dc converter
dcunit.jpg

the whole thing
fullkit.jpg

ready for use
insitue.jpg

Hi,

I dont mean to be a bore but do you know how much current those L.E.D's are pulling. I only ask because the power supply is only rated at 400mA. If you exceed that current for too long then you risk burning the supply out. It does look good though :good:

Rich

looks like something a tranny would make
you will have to let me know how you get on then!

Hi,

I dont mean to be a bore but do you know how much current those L.E.D's are pulling. I only ask because the power supply is only rated at 400mA. If you exceed that current for too long then you risk burning the supply out. It does look good though :good:

Rich

i knew someone would ask :sad: :sad: it would seem they are about 20ma each so the ,TRANNY lol, should be ok. as there are only 8 leds in the array.

Sorry I just didnt want the power supply going wrong for you. :D
no no you are quite right to question it. these thread are read by many people, its worth making sure the information offered is correct. if i am honest, i had thought about it, but i didnt check till i read your post!!

Quick question, my transformer has one black wire and one black and white wire, which one is which? :/ I mean, which do i connect to the red wire and black wire from the inverter? Im doing something with cold cathodes.
Thanks for any help :) .

Edit:Scratch that i figured it out, black and white one is positive.

Quick question, my transformer has one black wire and one black and white wire, which one is which? :/ I mean, which do i connect to the red wire and black wire from the inverter? Im doing something with cold cathodes.
Thanks for any help :) .

Edit:Scratch that i figured it out, black and white one is positive.
black to black and red to black and white.

lol

here in the states. those leds comes in packs of 8 for off road car use
lol there are 8 in the wood but i bought them in two packs of 4, yep they were for, the "lights make me go faster" crew.

i will take this LED lighting further, if for nothing more than it will save on electricity!! but eventually i could integrate all my lights into one unit. i'm looking for some sort of programmer, not a timer, i will need to mix the LED colours, i plan to use blue and white LED's. it looks like Maplins do a usb unit so i will look at that. but if anyone knows of such a thing, pop up a post with a link please.

Most reactions

Back