Washed sand and chucked it in + added water, no cloud what so ever

80lt2.jpg

Threw in sum local rock

80ltcycling2.jpg

Added filters light, heater and MT snails. Finally cycling

80.jpg

Cycling now with clown loaches and old man Gourami

OutdoorTanks.jpg

Tank is outdoors under my RD tank, will post better pic when finished and EBs added.

Looks gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see it with more fish in. Where are you that you can have tanks outside? I'm jealous wherever it is!!

That's really cool. How did you manage to get the water to not cloud with the sand?

Where are you that you can have tanks outside? I'm jealous wherever it is!!
I live in the Pilbara, North West Australia, gets hot up here, in summer my tanks vairy in temp from 26 up to 32 deg c, but they dont mind, I crank the water movement and surface adgitation for more oxygen.

How did you manage to get the water to not cloud with the sand?
I just washed the hell out of it and when adding water i placed a plastic container on the sand to bare the brunt of the flow, I think the key is to wash all the fine particals away befor adding, this will also assist in the filter impellor life and future vaccy sucking.

Can i see pictures of the tank above
this one is about 4 months old when my devils where small, totally destroyed now as you could imagine.
OJ2.jpg

Sir Tank Buster @ 6 "
UpdateTank.jpg

Hi,

Don't mean to put a dampener on things here because your tank is looking fantastic :thumbs: .

However, can i ask why you are cycling the tank with Clown loaches and Gourami??

I would imagine neither of these fish are likely to survive the water parameters that lay ahead of them while the tank cycles.

steve

Baldranger, the tank was practically cycled befor the fish went in as I am using media from other tanks, water perameters are nearly stable and all fish are kicking. I used gourami cos he was getting a floggin in another tank and I used C-loach cos all but two where killed by my RD and I had no choice but to relocate them.

I love the red devil. I plan on getting me some more of them soon, I think they are awsome fish. I love the tank my next one is going to be with sand I think they look great with it..

Most reactions

Back