$90?!?

Longfin giant dt...... price is pretty steep . Only thing they are banking on to get that price is that it is a giant.

:drool: I love longfin giants. Heck of a time trying to find a female of equal caliber.

Growing them out is a heck of a chore....

If I was looking at it for adding to enhance hm giants.... he would be great.... but dt... no.

Dang it.... why did you have to post him???? Freakin thinking about it now!!!!

Baaaaaad influence!!!

Too much money for too little betta.
Thats all I can say.
Maybe if he was 3' long..

ditto. i'd like to see a ruler in that pic.

I wish they would do that for the giants too. I don't care what he looks like next to a betta. All my bettas look like giants next to one of Synirr's men that I have, so it's not hard to find a smaller fish to make one seem bigger. I like the impartiality of a ruler. But then we might not have as many giants in aquabid if they did that. Still a nice fish, though, but not for $90.

Giants are not for everybody. Ruler doesn't matter if they are not raised in the right conditions to continue their growth once they are with their new owner.

Giants continue to grow for a couple more months.... he is still a baby yet. To get to max size... you have to do the max work. Means significantly larger grow out... many water changes.... feeding 4-5 times a day (and because they seem more sensitive you have to give a variety).

The breeders don't want to log in any more time than 3 to 4 months. Time is money and to raise a fish for 8-9 months till they reach max size is not a sound strategy business wise. (Not to mention shipping prices would also be majorly effected.)

So his genetics is what you would be investing in. Whether or not he reaches his full potential depends on his owner.

Giants continue to grow for a couple more months.... he is still a baby yet. To get to max size... you have to do the max work. Means significantly larger grow out... many water changes.... feeding 4-5 times a day (and because they seem more sensitive you have to give a variety).
The breeders don't want to log in any more time than 3 to 4 months. Time is money and to raise a fish for 8-9 months till they reach max size is not a sound strategy business wise. (Not to mention shipping prices would also be majorly effected.)

Very informative, thanks for that! ;)

Most reactions

Back