80lt...progress

peettee79

Reaction score
Hers my outdoors 80lt ( 2.5' ) for my Electric Blue pair I rescued from the LFS, currntly they are in my 8 gal, until this is cycled. The tank is situated underneath my 55 Red Devil tank.

#1. Bare tank. Masked off and spray painted matt black. This is the first time ive painted a tank black and was amazed at how good it turned out.
80ltempty.jpg

#2. Bought 20kg of white silica ( $6 au ) from the garden centre, washed it and washed it and washed it befor adding. Washing it that well payed off as there was zero cloudyness when the H20 went in. Also amazed at how much grime and dirt and muck I got out of this sand, cant wait to put a light on it. I Know thats its a pretty deep sand bed but I have a heap of Maylasian trumpets snails arriving today which should assist in airation.
80lt.jpg

#3. Went out bush and scabbed a heap of rock used here in OZ to re-enforce the the floodways on the side of the road. It aint the best looking gear but its FREE. Gave it a scrub and chucked it in.
80lt2.jpg

80lt3.jpg

Still waiting on...1x External Cannister
1x Internal powerhead with sponge mod
1x Heater
1x double tube light
They should be here soon so i can begin the cycle.
I also have sum cool driftwood and a couple of plants to go in when ready. will keep you posted with progress.

here is a pic of my Male EB that i got for FREE from the LFS, hes got a girlfreind but shes a bit camera shy.
leciblue2.jpg

:D

good tank sand and rocks. i am heaps behind black backgrounds. i think it will be a nice tank when finished.
al

Looks great so far :thumbs: .

with those rocks in it it's gotta kind of "on the moon/mars" feel to it :D .

keep us posted

Another one who's all for black painted tanks !!! :D :D

I've ainted both my tanks black, and it enhances the colours of the fish soo much... apart from the Black Molly's.... Can't see them sometimes !! :D

Great looking tank my friend :)

Most reactions

Back