8 Gal Stocking

SharkWeek

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello all, i won an 8 gal aqueon elovle8 and im just woundering what to stock in it. any sugestions would be great. Also its going to be planted

Not a whole lot imo. Most of the tank is wasted space. I compared the aqueon evolve 8 to the marineland classic 4 gallon tank and it seems that some of the gallonage of the evolve is including the built in filtration, there was hardly any difference in dimensions otherwise, aside from the evolve being a little taller.

I might put a few endlers livebearers in there. Maybe a betta or licorice gourami. I think ember tetras or microrasboras would be possible. But not nearly as may options as the box claims. Never in my life would I put dwarf cichlids in that tank.

One thing I'll tell ya, can't put a whole lot in a 8 gallon. Planted? Just like Onidrase said, maybe try 4 endler's male live bearers with a couple of amano shrimp?

Or just turn it into a cherry shrimp colony.

I think that you can keep a pygmy pufferfish in that size. And they are CUTE! They are also pretty smart and have very curious personalities.

I'm not sure if you can keep anything with them though. Definitely nothing that swims in the mid or top levels. If it's heavily planted, you may have luck with a couple of bottom feeders. Google the fish, I think some people keep an otocinclus or two with theirs.

This is a good resource for it (since I can't add the link... I'm going to spread out the letters, lol) - d w a r f p u f f e r s.c o m

I think that you can keep a pygmy pufferfish in that size. And they are CUTE! They are also pretty smart and have very curious personalities.

I'm not sure if you can keep anything with them though. Definitely nothing that swims in the mid or top levels. If it's heavily planted, you may have luck with a couple of bottom feeders. Google the fish, I think some people keep an otocinclus or two with theirs.

This is a good resource for it (since I can't add the link... I'm going to spread out the letters, lol) - d w a r f p u f f e r s.c o m
Dwarf puffers deserve something bigger imo. They get bored easily, and deserve some space to explore. Not to mention they are messy as heck and need some good filtration, which the evolve 8 lacks.

Most reactions

Back