8" Clown Loach Laying On Its Side (someone Shot Him)

j19dul-fishlover

Reaction score
Hi people i have a 8" clown loach he lives under a bridge in my tank sometimes when i look at the tank he acts dead laying on his side really don't know what this is all about.

Has this happened to anyone else

Thanks Jason

Thats just part of the clown loach's charachter,they sometimes lay on thier sides to rest alarming the owners LOL

I know i thought one of mine had died the first time it did it.

One of mine even drifts with the current in the tank, bobbing along the bottom, sometimes even letting it roll him. I love to see people who don't know what is going on when they see this big thing playing dead!

hi
as said its common behaviour for a lot of loach species- our yoyo loaches are always loafing on their sides & i have seen them completely upside down. our khulis too often lie down. whe we first got our yoyos we thought they were ill so we'd get the net to see if they moved when it got near - ended up with very annoyed looking loaches who swam off & went to lie down elsewhere in the tank.
do you have any other clowns ? they are very social creatures & should really be with some of their own kind.

I often walk into my fish room to find a long line of clowns having a nap at the front of the big tank: -

100_4196.jpg

Surprised that you've not seen it before - its got to take years for it to have got to 8" (ok i suppose you could have bought it big)

Our 2year old tells up they need medicine when ever he sees ours doing it :D

Most reactions

Back