7 month old discus feeding on tropical flakes, frozen blood worms and hikari discus bio gold.

Mazain

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Discus fish feeding on tropical flakes, frozen blood worms and discus bio gold.
I started with beefhert mix and discus bio gold from the start for the community fish tank and the discus liked the flavours.
Later introduced frozen blood worms and tropical flakes to increase gutt health and add variety during particular feeding times.
Consistancy in water, temperature and healthy food have made them grow faster by being active and healthy and they go frenzy at feeding times. And they love Jay z and linkin Park.

Fish look excellent… a curious mix of tank mates, and pretty crowded ( my tanks are also heavily stocked ) I’d be curious if the Denison Barbs live a normal lifespan, my understanding, is they are a cooler water fish, mine are in my Hillstream tank, which is set at 70 degrees… yours look great… ( I raise Tilapia for food, and when farmed, I keep the tanks in the upper 80’s, as it’s supposed to increase their metabolism, and make them grow faster… so it’s very possible the Denison’s are doing the same??? ) I wouldn’t expect them to live as long, with increased metabolism, but yours appear to be healthy… I hope your Rainbows are TB free, I had a nasty bout, with mine, and I’ve sworn off them ( just my experience)

I had thought about adding a couple discus to my South American Tetra tank, and watching your video, makes me want to do that again…

Last edited:
Fish look excellent… a curious mix of tank mates, and pretty crowded ( my tanks are also heavily stocked ) I’d be curious if the Denison Barbs live a normal lifespan
Thanks Magnum Man, the discus was from experienced breeders and exporters. If you are interested I could arrange discus to be exported to your country.
Unfortunately the Danison Barbs died a week back along with all the tetras and SAE. This was after my filter had exploded due to sponge clogging the water intake while I was not at home and flooding my house. After, while filling the tank with tap water the Chlorine killed the fish.

( my tanks are also heavily stocked )
Yes you are right, but I find my discus mostly mid level of the tank and they are doing fine.
had thought about adding a couple discus to my South American Tetra tank, and watching your video, makes me want to do that again…
From my experience if your adding discus to a planted setup get them small and see if they would make it with all the variables and your parameters before getting expensive discus.

Most reactions

Back