60 Litre Tank - Is This A Good Number And Type Of Fish.

Good Selection of Fish??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes - But too many

• Total voters

goodste

Reaction score
I have got a 60 Litre Tank - Just want to know what people think about the following list of fish I am considering.

Male Crown Tail Fighting Fish *1
Marbled Hatchet *4
Albino Corydoras *2
Bronze Corydoras *2
Cherry Barb *4
Crystal Red Shrimp "Grade C" *3
Red Cherry Shrimp *3

Worried I am overstocking or they are fish that won't get on.

Thanks

well i dont know but hatchets and bettas are both top dwellers and bettas dont like too many top dwellers

I would say you're along the right lines, but some of the fish get a bit big (the cories) and I think you're being a bit ambitious with the number of species.

In a tank that size, your fish will look better and feel more comfortable in larger groups of fewer different fish.

Forget about the hatchetfish, have a few more cherry barbs, and a smaller species of cory and I think you'll do well.

You can still have the shrimps, though some bettas will eat them.

They'll compete for space though.

Hatchets are quite skittish and need to be in a bigger group than four, IMO; more like ten or twelve to see them at their best.

I would say you're along the right lines, but some of the fish get a bit big (the cories) and I think you're being a bit ambitious with the number of species.

In a tank that size, your fish will look better and feel more comfortable in larger groups of fewer different fish.

Forget about the hatchetfish, have a few more cherry barbs, and a smaller species of cory and I think you'll do well.

You can still have the shrimps, though some bettas will eat them.

Hi Thanks for the advice:

So I should get just one species of Cory. What species of Cory would you recommend? I thought these two were pretty small.

So 1* Betta,
6* Shrimp,
3* Cory,
5* Cherry Barb

Would you leave it at that?

If this goes well is the tank large enough to add more? If yes what would you recommend?

Thanks for your help

I would do something like;

a betta
six or seven cherry barbs (three male, three/four female, if you can)
six panda cories, or six or seven dwarf/pygmy cories, if you like them and can find them; bronze and albinos are one of the larger corydoras, and chunky with it
six shrimp

and leave it at that, I wouldn't try and put anything else in there, that would be pushing it, IMO. You could add a snail; perhaps a zebra nerite or two, if you like snails.

a betta
six panda cories, or six or seven dwarf/pygmy cories, if you like them and can find them; bronze and albinos are one of the larger corydoras, and chunky with it
six shrimp

and leave it at that, I wouldn't try and put anything else in there, that would be pushing it, IMO. You could add a snail; perhaps a zebra nerite or two, if you like snails.

Thanks thats Brilliant, I do like the snails I just wasnt sure if any of the fish would eat them.

No, none of those fish will eat snails :good:

a betta
six shrimp

What about the below Cories would eithe of these be suitable?
Arched Cory / Skunk Cory
Elegant Cory

Below are the other options I wasn considering (any thoughts?):
Neon Golden Barb
Five Banded Barb
Dwarf Pencilfish
Chilli Rasbora

Thanks for your help really appreciate it.

I would say that, at over two inches, both those cories would be pushing it in a 60l tank. If you had a decent shoal of six, that would be all your room taken up and you wouldn't have room for anything else, tbh.

Same with the golden (5") and the five banded (3") barbs.

The pencilfish and the chilli rasboras would be very good choices though :)

I would say that, at over two inches, both those cories would be pushing it in a 60l tank. If you had a decent shoal of six, that would be all your room taken up and you wouldn't have room for anything else, tbh.

Same with the golden (5") and the five banded (3") barbs.

The pencilfish and the chilli rasboras would be very good choices though :)

I am really glad I asked on this site because the information I found had both Golden and Five Banded as at max 2.5" which is why I considered them.

Do you have any recommendations about dwarf frogs? I have been told these are good in community tanks and just add something a little different.

Appreciate the help, Thanks

No, dwarf frogs don't do well in community tanks. They have very poor eyesight and are easily out competed for food.

Most reactions

Back